The Amtac Shooting Pistol Combatives and Medical Course will review pistol fundamentals and combative fundamentals and then teach the following lifesaving medical skills:
- Bleeding control
- Airway management
- Respiratory support
- Dealing with shock and hypothermia
This is a physically demanding course and you will need a baseline of fitness to participate.
Private range TBD
Range will be either in Bangor Maine, or 40 minutes north of Bangor.
Student Gear List:
- Full size or compact pistol.
- 3 standard capacity magazines (5 if you have to shoot reduced capacity mags).
- 300 rounds of training ammunition. ***Due to the current ammo shortage if you want to shoot a Glock G44 or something similar in .22 for part of the course, that is acceptable. If you do this you must have a holster for the .22 you are shooting.***
- Eye and ear protection.
- Concealed holster (I recommend the Black Point Tactical FO3).
- Tourniquet (bring the one you normally carry plus a training one).
- Med kit***.
- Weather appropriate range clothes that can get dirty.
- Not mandatory for this class but bring if you have: Sirt gun, blue gun, training blades.
*** Med kit. Your med kit must contain the following items: 2 x combat gauze (for training it does not need to have a clotting agent in it), compression bandage x 2, NPA, scalpel, 14 gauge needle or dart kit, chest seal x 2, and gloves. You can bring your own med kit or you can purchase them through Amtac Shooting Store in the near future.